This update provides important information on logistics for arriving in New York City and for on-site registration to obtain your UN grounds passes (required for all delegates attending CSW60).
Logistics on arrival in New York City
- Taxis, buses, and trains are available from both Newark and JFK International Airports. From JFK, a taxi is approximately USD52 (not including tip) into Manhattan while taxis from Newark airport are a bit more expensive due to tolls (closer to USD60-65, not including tip). Here is more information on ground transportation to and from NYC airports.
- If you are staying Brooklyn, you can catch the East River Ferry over to Manhattan (East 24th St/Midtown stop and then a short walk to the UN) - see the East River Ferry Schedule here.
On-site registration for UN grounds passes in New York
Read: UN Women advisory for on site registration (with map)
- We highly recommend you register as soon after you arrive, to avoid queues (particularly from Monday 14 to Wednesday 16 March).
- What you will need: Your CSW 60 invitation / confirmation letter, a signed copy of the UN Grounds Pass form, as well as a government issued ID (such as your passport).
- The location for on-site registration for UN grounds passes has changed! Registration in 2016 will take place in the new UN Pass & ID office located at 320 East 45th street (between First and Second Avenue), outside of the UN premises.
- There will be a separate line for people with grounds passes and who have registered for previous CSWs (who are already in the UN security system).
- Once you have registered on-site, you will pick up your grounds pass.
On-site registration hours:
Prior to the session
Friday, 11 March: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Saturday, 12 March: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Sunday, 13 March: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Monday, 14 March: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Tuesday, 15 March: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wednesday, 16 March: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Thursday, 17 March: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Friday, 18 March: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m
Monday, 21 March: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Tuesday, 22 March: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Wednesday, 23 March: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Thursday, 24 March: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.